Temporary Library Cards
Grayslake Area Public Library residents who do not currently have a library card can now request a temporary card. Your temporary card ensures you are able to access eBooks and eAudiobooks, streaming movies, databases, online learning tools, and more, from anywhere, 24/7. If you run into any issues with those resources, please contact Adult Services.
- Request your temporary card by completing the form on this page.
- Library staff will receive and process your request within three business days.
- You will receive an email with your temporary card number and instructions for accessing your library account online.
- You can immediately begin using your library card to access resources on the library’s website.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming movies and TV shows, music, and more at eBooks & Digital Downloads.
- Online learning, tutorials, databases, and more at Databases.
Don't Let It Expire
Your temporary card will expire in three months. To prevent your card from expiring:
- Once the library reopens, come in and bring proof of your identity and current address. (Details at Get a Library Card.)
- We will verify and update the information in your library account as needed, then give you your physical card which will not expire for 3 years.
- We’re glad you now have full access to the Library and all borrowing privileges!