Personal & Small Group Study Rooms
We offer small study rooms free of charge during open library hours. You do NOT need a library card to reserve or use a study room.
- We have 5* private study rooms; 3 may be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance 2 are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rooms #1, 2, & 3 can be reserved for up to 2 hours per 24-hour period.
- Rooms #4 & 5 are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once assigned a study room by reservation or walk-in, you can use the room for two hours. If there are no pending requests for study rooms after two hours, you are allowed to continue using the room.
- Each study room is equipped with Wi-Fi access, a table & chairs.
- 1 mobile whiteboard available on a first-come, first-served basis; reservable.
- Study rooms #1, 2, 4, & 5 are equipped with 40" monitors and Mersive Solstice Pods for sharing.
- Rooms #1, 2, 4 & 5 have a 4-person capacity
- Room #3 has a 6-person capacity
No food is allowed in the small group study rooms, only covered beverages.
*2 additional small study rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis for children or adults with children (tutors, families) for up to 1 hour.
Large Group Meeting Rooms
We offer the use of larger meeting rooms free of charge during open library hours, (when not needed for library use) for local government agencies, businesses, community groups, and nonprofit organizations.
Meeting Room Policy Highlights
To reserve a meeting room, you must be 16 years or older with a current Grayslake Area Public Library resident or business/nonprofit/government card.
All meetings, programs, and events must be free of charge and open to the public.
No admission may be charged for any meeting. No collection, other than for member dues or a fee for the actual cost of the program, may be taken during any meeting.
Meetings involving the sale, advertising, or promotion of commercial services, regardless of purpose, are prohibited.
You may request a room up to 90 days in advance; we require at least 2 business days (M-F) to review and approve your request. No organization may request more than 2 meetings per month.
Prior to requesting a room, you must read and agree to all rules and regulations as stated in our Meeting Room Policy.
GAPL cardholders can request the following meeting room configurations:
- Room A; 52-person capacity (sink, small counter, whiteboard, & projection screen)
- Room B; 47-person capacity
- Room C; 30-person capacity
The 3 rooms may be combined into:
- ABC; one room with a 99-person capacity
- AB; one room with a 67-person capacity
- BC; one room with a 45-person capacity
Meeting Room reservation requests can be made
- M-Thr in 1 - 11.25 hour blocks
- Fri in 1-7.75 hour blocks
- Sat in 1-6.75 hour blocks
- Sun* in 1-4.75 hour blocks
- *Closed Sundays Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day
Each room is equipped with Wi-Fi access. Projection equipment, tables & chairs, and other equipment are available upon request.