In September we joined Cooperative Computer Services (CCS), a group of 28 area libraries that share an online catalog and patron database.
This short video demonstrates how to log in to your library's new online catalog, PowerPac.
A brief look at searching and viewing results in your library's new online catalog, PowerPac.
Highlights features of your account in your library's new online catalog, PowerPac.
This short video looks at placing holds in your library's new online catalog, PowerPac.
Great New Features!
- Eligible items automatically renew when they are due, unless it has been requested by someone.
- If you have opted for email notifications, you will receive an email reminder three days before the item’s original due date notifying you if materials were renewed or not.
Seamless Use of the New Catalog
- Easy to read on your phone, tablet or computer
- Select an easy to remember optional username or use your library barcode to log in to your account. Your username and library barcode are interchangeable.
- Choose any CCS library as your preferred pickup location.
Save Your Reading History
- This opt-in feature allows you to save the material you have checked out. You can turn on and turn off this feature at any time.
Why Are We Joining CCS? Benefits for YOU
MORE Items! MORE Access!
Your New Experience Begins September 9th - New Catalog!
Beginning September 9, Grayslake cardholders will have access to materials from 28 CCS member libraries including Fremont, Round Lake, and Lake Villa with the added convenience of picking up and dropping off at the Grayslake Library.
Benefits of Joining CCS libraries:
- Shared Online Catalog - A new, online shared catalog providing a more user-friendly experience including easier searching and clearer results.
- Automatic Renewals - Your items will auto-renew unless they are on hold for another person.
- Notification Options - You can be notified of holds, renewals, and overdue items by email, phone, and text.
- Return Items to Any CCS Library - You can return most CCS library items to any CCS library and the item will be checked in at that location, immediately clearing it from your account at your home library.
- Request and Pick Up at Any CCS Library - You can request and pick up most items from all CCS libraries directly from our catalog.
- Automatic Card Registration - Your card is already registered with other CCS libraries because of the shared catalog and user database.
- Mobile Friendly - You can easily browse the catalog on any device.
Why A New Catalog?
You've been asking for a better, more user-friendly catalog. We agreed--a change was necessary. After researching alternatives, we determined joining CCS is cost-effective and provides you with a more intuitive interface and easier access to more materials.
The Board of Trustees has approved waiving all outstanding late fines and to eliminate the policy of assessing per day late fines for most materials.
"The Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) awarded Grayslake Library a $37,865 grant to help offset the one-time costs associated with joining CCS, a shared catalog consortium. RAILS supports the expansion of resource sharing among Illinois libraries that expands the materials available to their own members."