The building is open with limited capacity, hours, and services. No appointment needed for general visits. Notary services and the use of our makerspace, The Hub, still requires appointments.
Masks (for patrons aged 2 or older) and social distancing are required.
In order to continue to serve you safely and to maximize social distancing, we ask that you limit your time in the library to a maximum of 1 hour per day – come in, browse the collection, grab what you need, and take your items home to enjoy! This will help us serve as many community members as possible.
Monday-Thursday 9:30 am -9 pm
Friday 9:30 am -6 pm
Saturday 9:30 am -5 pm
Sunday* 1 pm - 5 pm
*Closed Sundays Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day
Services Available @ the Library
- Browse the collection and checkout items
- Voter Registration
- Computers with limited staff assistance
- Printing, scanning, copying, and faxing
- Library card registration and renewal
Services Available by Appointment Only
- Use of our makerspace, The Hub, equipment; laser cutter, 3D printer, etc. Call (847)665-1046 or email, email@example.com, to schedule an appointment.
- Notary appointments available by calling (847)223-5313. Hours are limited and based on staff availability.
- Book drops are open every day, 24 hours a day.
- Returns may be placed in either the drive-up or walk-up drops. The staff is unable to accept returns in person.
- Returned items may not be cleared from your account for up to 4 days.
- No Book Donations Accepted At This Time.
Masks are required to enter the building for any reason. We appreciate everyone who has diligently followed this requirement. If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons and would like to visit the library, please contact us for accommodations. We’re happy to assist you.
Continuation of Services Available
- Virtual programming for all ages continues on Facebook, Zoom, and YouTube. Check our online calendar for events for all ages!
- Contactless Homebound Delivery continues.
- Access to digital materials; eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies, TV shows, music, and more!
- Access to skill-building and online learning resources including, Ancestry, lynda.com, and CreativeBug.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Grayslake Area Public Library District you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.