Get a Library Card
Temporary Library Cards
Grayslake Area Public Library residents who do not currently have a library card can now request a temporary card. Your temporary card ensures you are able to access eBooks and eAudiobooks, streaming movies, databases, online learning tools, and more, from anywhere, 24/7. If you run into any issues with those resources, please contact Adult Services.
- Request your temporary card by completing the form on this page.
- Library staff will receive and process your request within three business days.
- You will receive an email with your temporary card number and instructions for accessing your library account online.
- You can immediately begin using your library card to access resources on the library’s website.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming movies and TV shows, music, and more at eBooks & Digital Downloads.
- Online learning, tutorials, databases, and more at Databases.
Don't Let It Expire
Your temporary card will expire in three months. To prevent your card from expiring:
- Once the library reopens, come in and bring proof of your identity and current address.
- We will verify and update the information in your library account as needed, then give you your physical card which will not expire for 3 years.
- We’re glad you now have full access to the Library and all borrowing privileges!
Library cards are issued free to residents of the Grayslake Area Public Library District.
How do I get a library card?
Applicants (and the adult responsible for a child under high school age) must present current identification showing name, address, and photo.
How do I get a library card if I’m under high school age?
Applicants must come to the Checkout Desk with a parent or legal guardian.
The parent or legal guardian must present current identification showing name, address, and photo. The parents or legal guardian must verify the identity of children who are under high school age and must sign the child’s library card application.
Does my library card have an expiration date?
Yes. Library cards are issued for a period of three years and may be renewed upon verification of continued residency. Residents must present their library card and one piece of identification with name, current address, photo, and signature.
If the address provided does not match the address on record in their library card account, a second form of identification proving the new address must be presented.
What is my library card used for?
A patron shall use only their own resident library card for any and all library transactions including, but not limited to, circulation functions, program registration, and other library services.
Can others use my card?
Patrons may give written permission for others to access their accounts. See our full policy.
What happens if I lose my card?
If you lose your card, please call and report it to the Checkout Desk immediately so we can update your account. There will be a cost for a replacement card.
For more library card information please see our policies listed on this page.
The Grayslake Area Public Library District staff strive to protect each library user’s right to privacy and confidentiality. We do so by following the Illinois Library Record Confidentiality Act ILCS 70/1 which states: “The registration and circulation records of a library are confidential information.”
We are unable to do the following unless otherwise authorized by the cardholder:
- acknowledge the existence of library records to any patron other than their own or an underage child for whom they are responsible
- discuss library records, including items checked out or fines accrued on that record, with anyone other than the cardholder or parent/legal guardian of a juvenile cardholder
- check out items, including Interlibrary Loan or On Hold items, to anyone other than the cardholder or parent/legal guardian of a juvenile cardholder
You may authorize another person or persons to have access to your account. This will allow the person(s) listed by name to discuss fines, discuss items checked out to your account, renew items, pick up items on reserve or check out items only for your use.
Thank you for helping us to preserve your privacy.
We welcome patrons from surrounding communities and visitors to our library.
In order to check-out materials from our library, you will need to register your library card at the Checkout Desk. We will contact your library to verify that your card is in good standing (free from excessive fines). Sometimes this takes a bit of time if the other library is busy or closed. Please register your card well before closing time. In order to verify identity and residency with your home library, we will ask for identification showing, photo, signature, and current address. Please contact the Checkout Desk if you have questions about the required identification.
A patron shall use only their own resident library card for any and all library transactions including, but not limited to, circulation functions, program registration, and other library services. Patrons may give written permission for others to access their accounts.
Fines and Loan Periods are the same as for our regular patrons.
Borrowing Limits for Non-Grayslake Card Holders:
Most borrowing limits for Non-Grayslake Card Holders are the same as Grayslake Card Holders. However, to provide excellent service to our patrons, the following items have different limits for Non-Grayslake Card Holders:
- Limit of 10 New CDs
- Limit of 10 Playaways
- Limit of 5 Regular nonfiction DVDs
Other Library Services not available to Non-Grayslake Card Holders:
- Electronic databases for magazine and journal articles
- Downloadable materials such as audiobooks, ebooks, and eReaders
- Interlibrary Loans
- Homebound Service
- Public meeting rooms
Holds for Grayslake Card Holders will have priority over Non-Grayslake Card Holders.