Due to an abundance of caution and in response to COVID-19, Grayslake Area Public Library District is closing until April 12 (subject to change).
We follow the guidance of the Lake County Health Department, Illinois Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We continue to monitor the situation will re-evaluate as needed to determine if we need to extend the period of cancelations or modify services.
- All book drops, including the drive-thru, will be locked. Keep your items until the library reopens. No late fees will be charged.
- All outreach activities are currently suspended.
- All GAPL programs are canceled through April 2020.
- Increasing the frequency of facility cleanings, paying special attention to restrooms, door handles, tabletops, and other surfaces that people touch frequently.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the library.
- Ensuring that restrooms are always stocked with soap and paper towels so you can practice appropriate hand washing.
- Removing the toys from the children’s area.
How You Can Help:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze in the crook of your elbow, or a tissue. Throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you have any signs of illness, such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms to help yourself recover, and to protect other community members.
As always, we have lots of resources you can access and enjoy from home. Check out the eLibrary section of our website for eBooks, eAdudiobooks, and magazines, streaming music and movies, online learning and more.