Don’t let the price tags of Halloween costumes scare you – swap instead of shop! Donate a clean, gently used children’s costume at the Youth Services Desk between September 1-22 and receive a ticket to get a “new-to-you” costume at the swap on September 29. Donations do not guarantee finding a new costume.
Donations without swapping is accepted and appreciated. No costume to swap but still want to shop? Stop by the event between 12–1 pm for overlooked treasures.
Kids’ Halloween Costume Swap Guidelines
- The costume must be a complete outfit – no partial costumes or parts.
- The costume should be in good to excellent condition. This means no rips, tears, or stains unless they belong on the costume. The Grayslake Library reserves the right to reject donations that do not meet these criteria.
- The Grayslake Area Public Library cannot guarantee you will find a costume in your size or fit.
- The swap is on a first come, first serve basis. Please be respectful of other swappers and only swap for what you need.
- Costumes may be tried on at the event; we suggest wearing something you can slip a costume over.
- Any non-selected costumes will be donated to charity.