6th Annual MiniGolf Fundraiser
February 24 – 25
Date night at the Library! Join the fun as we turn the entire library into an indoor miniature golf course.
The 21-and-Up Saturday Evening Drink and Sink session from 7-10 pm will feature a cash bar and live music courtesy of the Vine of Grayslake and an array of tastings from a dozen area restaurants.
Family-friendly daytime sessions run 1–4 on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Tickets are available at the library, or online, for $5 for the daytime session and $20 for the evening session.
If you’d like to sponsor a hole, please contact Roberta Thomas, Library Director at 847-223-5313 x205 for more information.
Find us on Facebook for more information.
The Grayslake Library Foundation was established in August of 2001 for the purpose of raising funds solely for the support of the Grayslake Library. It is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of volunteers dedicated to helping the community through the improvement of the library.
The Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization which solicits, receives and administers gifts for the Library’s benefit. Gifts are used to fund projects, enhancements and improvements to the building, collections and services the library could not otherwise afford through its annual operating budget.
Charitable gifts to the Foundation provide for that margin of excellence a discerning community demands. Private contributions from generous individuals, families, businesses, foundations, and organizations throughout the community help create funding. Contributors may choose to give to the Library in a number of ways:
Top Ten Ways to Leave a Legacy
- Leave a gift in your will for the nonprofit and charitable organizations (like the Library) that made a difference in your life. Imagine the positive impact on our community if everyone made a donation to a favorite nonprofit.
- Leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the assets in your will to the nonprofit of your choice, such as the Grayslake Library Foundation.
- Consider using assets for your charitable gift. These include but aren’t limited to: stocks, bonds, CDs, real estate, art and jewelry. Such gifts may even provide tax savings.
- Name a non-profit organization such as the Grayslake Library Foundation, as the beneficiary of your pension plan or IRA.
- Purchase a new life insurance policy naming your favorite nonprofit as the beneficiary.
- Name your favorite nonprofit as the beneficiary of an existing live insurance policy.
- Remember loved ones with memorial gifts. Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to nonprofits, such as the Library, in their wills.
- Ask your financial advisor to include charitable giving as part of counsel to clients.
- A business or corporation can make a charitable contribution or in-kind donation.
- Many corporations make matching grants for active and retired employees.
Items given to the Library by the Foundation
- Leather chairs and ottoman
- TeenSpace Furniture and shelving
- Youth Services Computer carrels
- Nook eReaders and ebooks
- iPads and software for Youth Services
- $30,000 for 2014-2015 renovation