9th Annual MiniGolf Fundraiser
The Grayslake Library Foundation’s 9th Annual MiniGolf Fundraiser is set for February 22nd and 23rd. We will have family friendly daytime sessions 1-4 on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The 21+ Saturday evening session will feature nibbles and refreshments from local restaurants. Adult beverages will be available for purchase from the Vine of Grayslake. Tickets are $5 for the daytime session, $20 for the evening session, and will be available in February.
If you’d like to be a sponsor, please contact: email@example.com
The Grayslake Library Foundation was established in August of 2001 for the purpose of raising funds solely for the support of the Grayslake Library. It is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of volunteers dedicated to helping the community through the improvement of the library.
The Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization which solicits, receives and administers gifts for the Library’s benefit. Gifts are used to fund projects, enhancements and improvements to the building, collections and services the library could not otherwise afford through its annual operating budget.
Charitable gifts to the Foundation provide for that margin of excellence a discerning community demands. Private contributions from generous individuals, families, businesses, foundations, and organizations throughout the community help create funding.
Top Ten Ways to Leave a Legacy
- Leave a gift in your will for the nonprofit and charitable organizations (like the Library) that made a difference in your life. Imagine the positive impact on our community if everyone made a donation to a favorite nonprofit.
- Leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the assets in your will to the nonprofit of your choice, such as the Grayslake Library Foundation.
- Consider using assets for your charitable gift. These include but aren’t limited to: stocks, bonds, CDs, real estate, art and jewelry. Such gifts may even provide tax savings.
- Name a non-profit organization such as the Grayslake Library Foundation, as the beneficiary of your pension plan or IRA.
- Purchase a new life insurance policy naming your favorite nonprofit as the beneficiary.
- Name your favorite nonprofit as the beneficiary of an existing live insurance policy.
- Remember loved ones with memorial gifts. Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to nonprofits, such as the Library, in their wills.
- Ask your financial advisor to include charitable giving as part of counsel to clients.
- A business or corporation can make a charitable contribution or in-kind donation.
- Many corporations make matching grants for active and retired employees.
Items given to the Library by the Foundation
- Leather chairs and ottoman
- TeenSpace Furniture and shelving
- Youth Services Computer carrels
- iPads and software for Youth Services
- $30,000 for 2014-2015 renovation
Grayslake Library Foundation Mission Statement
The Grayslake Library Foundation is a non-profit community organization dedicated to developing and enhancing the resources and services our Library needs to meet the changing needs of our growing community.