3D Printing Resources
3D Printing Resources
3D printing is for practical purposes and for fun. Parts for homes or machines, chess sets, ice scrapers, and colorful toys are a few of the items that can be designed and made with a 3D printer. 3D designs can be found on websites like Thingiverse.com or created in design software programs such as Tinkercad (free and open-source).
The library has one 3D printer available; anyone who has a valid library card registered at the Grayslake Area Public Library can request 3D prints.
The 3D printer accepts .obj and .stl file formats only. The only cost will be for the filament (10¢ per gram), which can be paid once the print is complete. Print jobs will be completed in the order received and as time allows.
Acceptable Use of The Hub Policy
The Grayslake Area Public Library District’s equipment and tools may be used only for lawful purposes.
The public will not be permitted to use the library’s equipment and tools to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others
- We also cannot print any weapons, items that look like or can be used as a weapon, or weapon parts.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights
3D PRINT JOBS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP USING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE:
- You may submit your 3D print requests through the form below. Please submit a separate form for each file you want to be printed.
- Public Services staff will review your submission(s) to provide an estimated cost for your print requests and will request confirmation to move forward with the print.
- Print jobs will be completed in the order received and as time allows.
- When your print job(s) are completed, Public Services staff will contact you to inform you of the final cost and to let you know it is ready for pickup at the Checkout Desk or by Curbside Pickup.
- If you would like to use Curbside Pickup, please click here to pay online. The payment category is “Fines/Fees” and the Payment Type is “HUB Program/Material Fee.” Please note your transaction ID.