3D Printing Resources
3D printing is unavailable until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact the library at 847-223-5313 for a list of other 3D printing resources.
Lulzbot 3D printers (2)
3D printing is for practical purposes and for fun. Parts for homes or machines, chess sets, ice scrapers, and colorful toys are a few of the items that can be designed and made with a 3D printer.
3D designs can be found on websites like Thingiverse.com or created in design software programs such as Tinkercad (free and open-source).
The only cost will be for the filament (10¢ per gram), which will be charged to the patron when an item is picked up at the Circulation Desk. Print jobs will be completed in the order received and as time allows.
You can submit your print jobs through the link below. Please note, you will need to submit a separate form for each file you want to be printed. The 3D printer accepts .obj and .stl file formats only.
3D print jobs are available for pickup using the following procedure:
- You may submit your print jobs through the link below. Please note, you will need to submit a separate form for each file you want to be printed.
- The Hub will reply to your submission(s) to provide an estimated cost for your print jobs and will request confirmation to move forward with the print.
- Print jobs will be completed in the order received and as time allows.
- When your print job(s) are ready, the Circulation Desk will contact you to inform you of the final cost.
- Click here to pay online. The payment category is “Fines/Fees” and the Payment Type is “HUB Program/Material Fee.” Please note your transaction ID.
- Once you have completed your payment, please call the library to confirm your payment using your transaction ID and to schedule pickup of your items!