We welcome patrons from surrounding communities and visitors to our library.
However, in order to provide excellent service to our patrons we do make some limits on our reciprocal borrowers.
In order to check-out materials from our library you will need to register your library card at our circulation desk. We will contact your library to verify that your card is in good standing (free from excessive fines). Sometimes this takes a bit of time if the other library is busy or closed. Please register your card well before closing time. In order to verify identity and residency with your home library, we will ask for identification showing, photo, signature, and current address. Please contact the Circulation Desk if you have questions about the required identification.
A patron shall use only their own resident library card for any and all library transactions including, but not limited to, circulation functions, program registration, and other library services. Patrons may give written permission for others to access their accounts.
Borrrowing Limits for Non-Grayslake Card Holders:
- Limit of 10 Audio-Visual Materials, but no more than 3 DVDs or Blu-rays
- Limit of 3 CD-ROMs and 3 Games (Wii, PS3 & Xbox 360)
- Limit of 5 magazines. The current issue may not be checked out.
- Limit of 1 Theme Bag at a time. Limit of 1 Netbook Computer (in-house use only).
- Maximum of 50 items in any combination.
Holds for Grayslake Card Holders will have priority over Non-Grayslake Card Holders.
We do not provide Interlibrary Loans for reciprocal borrowers.