The Grayslake Public Library display cases are designed primarily to meet the operational needs of the Library.
They are also available for use by not-for-profit organizations including civic, educational and cultural groups
and individuals whose membership includes residents of the Library District and individual residents of the
- Library and library-sponsored displays.
- Library related displays.
- Friends of the Library displays.
- Grayslake Library Foundation displays.
- Displays of not-for-profit civic, educational and cultural organizations and for use by individuals.
Two glass display cases in the lobby, 72” long X 30” deep X 96” tall, each with three shelves 72” long X 22”
Locking glass case in Youth Services. Two stacking sections 34” long X 12” deep X 26” tall, each with two
shelves 34” long X 12” deep.
- Reservations will be made based on the priorities established above then on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Reservations are scheduled on a July 1 to June 30 year.
- Reservations must be made in person by filling out an application form.
- Displays must be up for at least one week and no longer than one month.
- No one may schedule more than one display case per month. Exceptions to this may be approved by the Library
Board of Trustees at their regularly scheduled monthly meeting.
- Permission to use the display cases does not imply endorsement by the Library District.
- Reservations made by Grayslake Area Public Library District card holders will be given priority for available
- Use of the display cases for commercial purposes is prohibited with the exception of commercial activities
associated with the Library such as the Friends of the Library book sales.
- Persons responsible for the display must comply with all Library District policies and procedures.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in the cancellation of or refusal of future reservations.
- As the Library serves as a polling place, materials advocating the election or defeat of a candidate for public
office or political or partisan proposition or which are contrary to election laws must be removed from the display
case not later than noon on the day before an election.
- Display cases will be assigned by the Library based on size and facilities requested.
- The Library reserves the right to review, amend or reject any display.
- Organizations must give the Library 48 hours notice of cancellation.
- Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of or refusal of future reservations.
- Display shall be removed by the close of day the last scheduled day of the display.
- Displays not removed promptly will be taken down by Library staff.
The library will provide signage in each display case indicating the owner of the display.
No advertising or signage of a commercial nature will be permitted.
The name and phone number of a contact person will be kept at the Circulation Desk.
Anyone using the display cases shall indemnify and hold harmless the Grayslake Area Public Library District for
any and all damages, costs or injuries which may arise out of its use of the premises. The Library is not
responsible for equipment, supplies, materials or any other personal possessions owned by those using the display